Divi Extended Column Layouts – 5/6/7/8 Column Layouts

June 28, 2016 | Divi, FREE!, PHP, Plugins, Themes, Time Savers, Wordpress | 277 comments

I have been using the Divi builder for some time now and one of the most asked for features seems to be a 6 column layout. I saw in one of the groups recently someone had written something to release but it required a code change to the core which wasn’t ideal. I decided to try and work around any core code changes and came up with this proof of concept plugin. I have copied the 4 col CSS and modified it to suit 6 cols along with several breakpoints to drop from 6 to two rows of 3, then to three rows of 2 and finally 1 per row.

I have since added many more types of layout from 5 and 6 columns and different variants of each. See the screenshots for more information. Added more recently are 7 and 8 column layouts which work well also.

It seems this model can be extended to include ANY number of columns although the only snag right now is that the settings button on the ROW doesn’t work. If you’re happy with the layout or are ok styling with CSS for now then this is ideal. Otherwise it will get you the layout you want and I’ll include a fix for the settings button ASAP. Updates will be released soon so watch this page for info.

Download

Divi Extended Column Layouts (33320 downloads)

Update

Since release this plugin has gained lots more layouts, speciality layouts and support for every gutter size available using Divi. Please request different layouts via my contact form or comment on this post and I’ll get it sorted out 🙂

Update 2

The latest version of this plugin (1.8) fixes an issue on some servers where they experienced a fatal error on activation due to an ‘Unexpected T_ELSE’. This has now been sorted. Everything else remains the same.

Update 3

The latest version of this plugin (1.9) just adds a few more column layout options

Credits

Original idea based on a post by Divi Web Design. I had been asked for this in the past but assumed it was a big job. In the end it took two hours to write! But then it’s not quite finished so keep an eye on their Facebook feed for an alternative plugin to use if mine is no good.

1. sdelesie

Thank you SO much! 1.5 hours of struggle eliminated in 5 minutes.

2. Mary

Thank youuuuuuu. Saved my day 🙂
    A 1/6 1/3 1/6 1/6 1/6 would be even more amazing.
    Thanks again

3. Jon Fuller

I see the plugin is now version 2.0. Does this not have automatic updates in WP? No changelog update on this page? Is 2.0 a major update? Why not just go from 1.9 to 1.10?

• Sean Barton

Because I’m crap at versioning clearly 🙂 I’ll get there 😉

• Andres

jajaja good one here, nice plugg, keep up the good work

4. General

Thank you SO much! You are a hero

5. JodieB

Michelle, you can change the row to one of the standard configurations (say 4 wide) and set the row to full width. Save the row. Go back in and change back to the configuration of your choice and save the row and page.

6. iouston

Hi Sean, Thank you for this module. It is very great.
    Im’using it and i saw that when i added a row, after i can’t access to the row’s settings with the last version of divi. Could you fix that ?

7. digitalfusiondesign

Just curious how “Divi Extended Column Layouts” will behave with the new Divi update today that adds 5 and 6 column layouts.

Hopefully it won’t break anything, as I’ve used the 7 and 8 column options here on a few sites.

Will we be seeing an update for the Visual Builder soon, perhaps?

8. Russell

thank you so much! plugin worked perfectly.

for those who noted that ROW settings is not accessible – use visual builder once you have your row inserted.

9. El Goofer

You’re great, dude!!!!! Thnx a lot!!!!

10. irfanmark

I really like this plugging it’s all my big problem Thanks!!!

11. Carlos

Thanks

it’s a big plugin

12. Genesis Murillo

How do you use this? I think I am just missing it or something. Do I have to just add a class to the module or something?

13. Genesis Murillo

Nevermind. I was using the new divi builder and it does not come up in the layouts. Thank you!

14. Mark Richmond

I figured out a way to style the row, when you get up in the 8 or 10 column sizes… just style it at one of the normal divi column sets, then when you expand it to beyond, it will carry the styling up to that point… for example if you want it to be fullwidth, and down to just 1 in gutter width… do it before you up it to 10 columns set…

15. Mirco B

Hey, I faced that your plugin breaks the special layout 1/3 + 2/3[1/4+1/4+1/4+1/4]. More grafically: https://snag.gy/BHbl6W.jpg

I mean, the code that comes out is:
    1_3 first column ok
    2_3 second column has wrong sub columns
    – 1_6 while it should be 1_4
    – 1_6 while it should be 1_4
    – 1_6 while it should be 1_4
    – 1_6 while it should be 1_4

Latest Divi version. Latest version of your plugin.
    Thanks 🙂

16. Andy Salt

Hi Sean. I was delighted with the extra column options this plugin gave me to use with the Extra theme. I used your speciality section with 2 equal columns on our homepage (https://roundededgestudio.com) to create a responsive grid effect. However, I’m now stuck with Extra 3.2.15 because after that, the theme no longer parses the section correctly (the 2 rows within each section get stacked vertically instead of being shown side-by-side as intended). Is there an update to the plugin required due to something that changed in the theme?
    Andy Salt recently posted…Exhibition beginner’s guide: part 2My Profile

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Top 5 Free Plugins For Divi – Download Today! | Divimundo - […] Download for free […]
  2. Los Mejores Plugins para Divi Theme - - […] Divi Extended Column Layouts       […]
  3. How to Add 5 or 6 Columns in Divi - JoshHall.co - […] Divi Extended Columns […]

Submit a Comment