Divi Extended Google Fonts

June 29, 2016 | Divi, PHP, Plugins, Plugins, Themes, Time Savers, Wordpress | 10 comments

So today I wrote a small plugin to do a rather useful job. By default Divi will allow around 50 Google Fonts to be used. Adding more is possible but until now you’ve had to include support via the child theme or some other method. Using this plugin you simply activate it and over 700 fonts will become available to you via the customiser and Divi Builder font selector. It couldn’t be easier!

Find out more

1. brandtp83

Very Cool! I purchased this and I see all the fonts in the customizer, which is awesome! I was wondering if there was a way to get CSS Hero to see these fonts as well?

2. Doug Gough

Here’s something I would gladly pay for. The ability to specify a subset of Google fonts that adhere to my brand standards, and have only those 3 or 4 fonts available throughout Divi.

3. divigallery

Wow this is a great idea and addition to the Divi theme! And only for $8? I may have to pick this up in the future. Thanks Sean!

4. Kenneth Schultz

Hi Sean

Bought the plugin at your Christmas sale – great plugin! Is there a ‘easy’ way to address a Google fonts specific weight. What would be the best practice? for example ‘Work Sans Black’ (900). Thanks.

• Sean Barton

Hi Kenneth, Sadly not but I’m working on it.

5. Kurt

Is it possible to show the font preview in the customizer instead of seeing the “not preview” next to all of the new fonts? Having to lookup all of those fonts manually makes the plugin not worth it for me. Thanks.

• Sean Barton

Hi Kurt,

I understand your frustration, however the way that Divi shows the previews for those fonts is they have created a single image with the font previews one above the other and use it as a background image on the selector. I don’t fancy doing that for 700 products although if you can produce something for me then I’ll gladly compensate you with copies of my product range for free 🙂

What I do is to look for the font I want on https://fonts.google.com/ and then just select from the dropdown. In an ideal world I would, of course, provide the previews but sadly it’s not on the priority list at the moment 🙁

cheers
      S

6. marcusbadgley

Hi there,

Just purchased your plugin and am excited to use it on a clients website… I am wondering about a specific font that I see available on Google fonts but not in the extended list from within the Divi Extended Google Fonts.

The exact font family that I want to add is Libre Franklin. Libre Baskerville is listed in the plugin. Are new fonts added with new releases of the plugin? Or is there something I need to do on my end?

Thanks! Marcus

• Sean Barton

I can add the fonts for you. The next version of the plugin will include a more complete list of fonts. However, for the moment all you need to do is edit the .txt file in the plugin file structure and add your font to the list. It will show immediately.

Sean

7. Mark Milligan

Thanks Sean. Another great plugin. It works great.