I have been writing WordPress plugins for a good while now and with the release of WordPress 2.7, I decided to rewrite the Session Manager to both look better and provide a little more information that the first incarnation.
If you don’t know what my Session Manager is all about then read on, otherwise download Version 2.0
WordPress Session Manager is freely available through this site. Feel free to chop and change it to suit your needs (I may even help if you ask). It gives you the following information:
- The number of visitors in the last day (configurable) (v1.0)
- The number of pages each visitor looked at (v1.0)
- Which pages have been looked at (v1.0)
- The times each page was visited (v1.0)
- The visitor count displayed per page (v1.1)
- Recent site activity (2.0)
- WordPress 2.7 support and restructure (v2.0)
- Support for user excludes by session_id, user_id or ip address (v2.0)
- Support for page excludes (v2.0)
- Delete data functionality (v2.0)
That’s it, no more, no less!
I find that a lot of stats plugins give a little too much information and in doing so making both the stats harder to read and analyse. Session Manager differs because what it provides is a very light weight logging implementation with a simple yet effective front end allowing you to view the data in a number of ways.
I have been using it on this site and newmedias.co.uk since mid 2008 and it has been instrumental in giving me enough data to satisfy that ‘whose looking at my site’ itch while not distracting me too much from what I was doing in the first place (as other stats plugins like Woopra can do).
Downloads through the ages
Version 2.0 Released January 2009:
Version 1.1 Released mid 2008:
Version 1.0 Released mid 2008:
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and if anyone wants to make something more of it then i would be keen to hear about it and/or help.